I was nominated by haruzuzu to do this thing called “#GSList”. It doesn’t appear to be an award, but instead just a challenge. I don’t know much more about it, nor am I really involved in the communities that do these kinds of things, but it sounds fun, so I thought I’d have a go anyway! So, let’s have a look at the rules:
- Make a list of the 10 things that make your life happy
- Tag your post with hashtag #GSList
- Use the #GSList picture in your post
Nominate five (or more) blogs you want
I’m not going to be nominating anyone myself, simply because I don’t know of many blogs right now! (It’s a stupid excuse, I know.) But if you want to do this challenge yourself, please feel free – and I’ll link to your post here, if you let me know!
I always like an excuse to be positive. Here are my ten things:
- Ice cream. My family have been consuming way too much ice cream this summer, but in all honesty, it’s really heightened our spirits! There’s nothing quite like enjoying food – as I’ve already said – and ice cream has never yet let me down. (Except for the Irish liquer-flavoured stuff I got at a restaurant a few months ago… that was vile. To me.)
- Having a job. I know, I know, I’m letting myself grow up too fast. But it’s so nice having a job! Not to mention the fact that it’s the kind of job – almost exactly – that I want to be doing right now. All that could improve it is my own confidence and if the role could be full-time permanent rather than part-time temporary. But we’ll see what happens.
- My cats. They say that stroking a cat helps if you’re in a low mood. And it really does! We have two cats, Mischief and Rascal, and they are both really amazing. Rascal is twelve years old now and a bit doddery, but he’s the most loveable thing. And so soft! Also, last week my aunt, who lives just down the road, got a new cat, Summer, and she’s even more adorable (sorry Rasc!). I find myself looking forward to getting home every day just so I can snuggle with a cat. Cats are awesome.
- Flavoured handwashes and shower gels. A bit of a strange one, but I look forward to washing, showering and bathing now just because of all the wonderful (and weird) scents bathtime things have these days. We had a cola bottle-flavoured handwash the other week, and it made me so ridiculously happy whenever I used it. I also had some marshmallow-flavoured shower creme, which was so smooth and so lovely. I want more. Every week. I wish it were all edible…
- New music. A bit of a cliché, I know, but I’m really getting back into music recently, and listening through headphones has always been the most amazing part. The new album by Nightwish, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, is really quite good. And Lifehouse’s new one, Out of the Wasteland, has really captivated me – I can’t stop listening to it! What’s even better is that I have a 40min-1hr drive to work, so I can listen to a full album while driving. Great for those slow mornings.
- Going Geocaching. My boyfriend and I live for the days where we can spend a whole day Geocaching. It really is the highlight of our free time, and it’s so great getting so much fresh air after living such a sheltered life for so long. (What can I say, I gave myself a crappy adolescence.) It’s rewarding and satisfying, and also really frustrating when it wants to be. But it’s a great bonding activity – my parents are even into it, somewhat! – and a great way to explore the world.
- Being nice to myself. I feel like I’m finally getting to grips with the whole “love yourself” thing. I’m beginning to understand my flaws, to appreciate them and work with them. I know what needs improving, and I know what I don’t want to change. It’s very nice not feeling constantly down with myself – something I experienced almost all the time from the age of 11 onwards. I’m not entirely satisfied yet, but I am now starting to be a lot more forgiving towards myself when things go wrong. It’s a great thing.
- Hot chocolate every evening. I find that having one before I go to bed really helps put me in a better mood for sleeping. I’m beginning to include it in my daily routine, and it gives me something to look forward to. For those wondering, I have Galaxy milk chocolate. It’s so smooth!
- My hamster calendar. I’ve had them for a couple of years now, but this particular hamster calendar has made me really happy. The pictures are so cute, and turning to a new month is really special. I still wish I had my own hamster, but having the calendar almost makes up for it. Having it hung up in my room really brightens the mood.
- My boyfriend. La-di-dah, I know, cliché, soppy, whatever. But he really brightens my life. Because we live apart, I have something to look forward to every other week – and because he lives somewhere else, we have two cities to regularly explore. He’s so kind, forgiving, and I really don’t appreciate him enough.
Well, this post has really gone on long enough now! Thank you to haruzuzu for nominating me, and I hope to see other people accepting this challenge.
See you soon!